Monday, February 4, 2008

A Big Thank You To Doris

When I agreed to take ICU from a personal project to something that would be available for other people to download one of the most important things in my mind was giving it a unique image. I really wanted the software to not appear daunting or "emotionless" and one of the ways I wanted to achieve this was through the use of comic strips rather than photographic images. It would have been really easy to use the usual "stern parent looking at computer screen" photographs that abound on the internet but luckily for me I had a secret weapon!

Doris, my artist friend agreed to create some comic strips for me with no more guidance than a brief explanation of what ICU was. I think she's done an excellent job and it's about time I gave her a plug! So if you're looking for somebody to create original comic art for whatever reason (Original birthday cards, posters etc) then please contact info at icu-software.co.uk and I'll pass it on. Her rates are very reasonable, the quality of work is excellent and besides Doris is a pleasure to deal with! The great thing is she's like an ideas factory as well so even if you're not 100% sure what you want I'm sure she can help.

One again Doris, thank you!

0 comments: